Wednesday, January 27, 2010

T.N.R Tuesday Menu...

Spice Rubbed Flank Steak...
mix 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon thyme (didn't have any) pat onto flank steak. Broil 6 to 7 minutes per side. Thinly slice...

I served it with some rice pilaf, brussel sprouts, and salad. Lillian ate all her meat and salad, but did not like the brussel sprouts or rice. Jeff loved and ate it all...but I am pretty sure he would eat anything meaty...he did mention that he liked that the steak was thinly sliced, he was able to eat it easily, no knife necessary. For me, I enjoyed to seasoning on the steak, which is always a challenge for me...what to put on my meat to make it yummy, so this worked nicely and was super easy. The flank steak was on sale at Ralph's making this meal fairly cheap! Definitely something I will do again...happy cooking -ag